Sometimes escaping the weeknight dinner rut is just a matter of reimagining familiar ingredients. The Greek Gods® Greek-style yogurt is the base for a delicious, Mediterranean-inspired marinade that’s equally tasty on chicken, beef or lamb.
- 1/2 C The Greek Gods® Traditional Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 organic lemon, zest and juice
- 1/3 C +1 Tablespoon Spectrum Naturals® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods® sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb FreeBird® Antibiotic-Free Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 lb lb FreeBird® Antibiotic-Free Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 box Casbah® Tabouli Garden Wheat Salad Mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and chicken in a large, zip-top bag.
- Shake and gently squeeze bag to make sure marinade is evenly mixed and chicken is completely coated. Allow to rest in the refrigerator at least 8 hours.
- In a medium bowl, combine tabouli mix with 1 1/2 cups hot water, remaining olive oil and tomatoes. Mix to combine thoroughly. Allow to chill at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, allow chicken to come up to room temperature. Heat and lightly oil an outdoor grill or grill pan.
- Transfer chicken to grill, shaking off excess marinade, keeping breast and thigh pieces separate. Grill over medium heat, turning thighs after 4 minutes and breasts after 6 minutes.
- Continue to grill until chicken is cooked through and slightly charred, about 5 minutes more, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160˚.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and serve with tabouli. Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
This dish is best when the chicken can marinate for at least 8 hours. Whip it up in the morning – or even the night before – for a fast feast any night of the week.