- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C Hain Pure Foods® Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Hain Pure Foods® Organic Sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp whiskey
- 1 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods® Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/3 C buttermilk
- 2 very large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, butter and whiskey until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Slowly begin to add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients being sure to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- Next mix in the buttermilk and the mashed bananas until the buttermilk has been absorbed but the bananas are still a little lumpy.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and put in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread pulls out clean.