These little cookies are the little black dress of your recipe box. They're easy to pull off, can be dressed up – spread some MaraNatha® Dark Chocolate Almond Spread between two cookies and serve with ice cream for a quick dinner party dessert – or dressed down – just bake as instructed, and they are always a classic treat. The cookies are also great to get little hands involved in the process, they'll love to roll the dough into a ball before they're baked. I'll bet you'll find requests for these popping up fairly frequently after you make the first batch.
- 1 C MaraNatha® No Stir Maple Almond Butter, Creamy
- 3/4 C Hain Pure Foods® Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter and the suger in a bowl and use an electric mixer to beat together.
- Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix to incorporate.
- Finally, fold in the peanut butter chips an stir so they're evenly distributed.
- Spoon out a tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball. Place each cookie on the prepared baking sheet, about 2" apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until cookies are just turning brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
To can substitue the peanut butter chips for your preferred morsel – chocolate chips, dried cranberries or toffee chips.