Tomato and cucumber might sound like run-of-the-mill salad fixings, but this classic Persian dish is anything but. Topped with fresh scallions, mint and dill and a crumble of tangy feta, this salad pops on the plate as much as on your tastebuds. A colorful centerpiece for any summer dinner spread.
- 2 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Organic Flax Oil with Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Persian cucumbers, sliced into 1-inch rounds and then quarterd
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 C feta, coarsely crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in oils until thoroughly combined.
- In a serving bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions and herbs. Toss with dressing until evenly coated. Top with feta and serve.