- 1 medium head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- Spectrum Naturals® Grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 3 large mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 C Arrowhead Mills® Long Grain Brown Rice
- 3 Tbsp coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 C Imagine Foods® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 425˚
- Toss the cauliflower with a generous coat of the grapeseed oil and spread on a baking sheet. Place in oven and roast until the cauliflower begins to turn golden – about 20 minutes
- When the cauliflower is fork tender remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom liquid evaporates, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and nuts, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower then add lemon peel and fluff the rice with a fork before serving.