Puppy chow is the perfect tempting treat when summer temps run high. No need to turn on the oven -- just melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Little hands will want to help with this one...almost as much as they'll want to gobble it up. You might want to make extra. Even if you don't have that many puppies, this chow tends to disappear quickly.
- 8 C Health Valley® Rice Crunch-Ems Cereal
- 1 C SunSpire™ Grain Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips, melted in the microwave
- 1/2 C MaraNatha® Caramel Almond Spread, melted
- 3 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C Hain® Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine cereals. In a medium bowl, combine baking chips, MaraNatha® Caramel Almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour chocolate mixture over cereal and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a zip-top bag.
- Pour sugar over mix, seal bag, and vigorously toss to coat. Pack in decorative plastic sandwich bags or portion into patterned muffin liners for easy munching on the go.
When melting chocolate in the microwave, reduce power level to 50%. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring in between. Stop when chocolate appears 3/4 melted. Continue to stir after that until its completely melted with an even consistency.