Forego the corn syrup and make this retro kids snack a little better for you with caramelized honey. This is a fantastic recipe to make with kids and an even better one to watch them enjoy once they've set. Wrap these bite-sized salty, sweet popcorn balls in colorful goodie bags for a party favor your guests will remember.
- 8 C popped Arrowhead Mills® Organic Yellow Popcorn
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C Hain Pure Foods® Organic Sugar
- 1/2 tsp flaked kosher salt
- Pour the prepared popcorn in to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat the honey, sugar and vanilla until it begins to simmer and turn a slightly darker shade. Let it simmer for about a minute.
- Remove honey from the heat and drizzle it across the popcorn. Stir to distribute evenly then set aside to cool.
- Once the popcorn is cool to the touch wash hands and the give them a coat of cooking spray (to keep it from getting too sticky) and shape the popcorn into balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Once all the popcorn has been used up put the balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
You can add spices – like cinnamon or tiny bite of cayenne – to the honey to give the popcorn balls a more complex flavor.