These power-packed bars are perfect fuel on the go. Loaded with crunchy nuts and studded with colorful SunSpire® Sundrops™, these bars offer big taste that will appeal to little mouths.
- 1/2 C organic raw walnuts
- 1/2 C organic raw cashews
- 1/2 C raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Spectrum Essentials® Chia Seeds
- 1/2 C SunSpire® Sunflower Seed Sundrops™
- 1/2 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1/3 C Spectrum Naturals® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (unfiltered)
- 1/3 C MaraNatha® Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp organic honey
- Preheat oven to 325˚
- Line an 8 x 8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine walnuts, cashews, and pumpkin seeds. Pulse until mixture is crumbly and well-combined, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chia seeds, Sundrops™ sunflower seeds, coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small heavy-duty pot, warm coconut oil and almond butter over medium heat. Whisk together until mixture is melted and thoroughly combined, it’s okay to have a few lumps. Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over nut mixture. Using a rubber spatula, combine thoroughly. Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using wet hands, press firmly into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes; cool slightly. While the pan is still warm, lay two sheets of parchment paper over top and press down firmly again. Allow pan to cool completely.
- Wrap pan tightly in aluminum foil and transfer to the refrigerator for a minimum of six hours (or to the freezer for a minimum of two hours). Once hardened, remove from pan and cut into bars with a serrated knife. Store in an airtight container.
Tips: Nuts and seeds pack a powerful protein punch, making them a great addition to your morning meal or mid-day snack. To keep them fresh be sure to store them in your freezer.