- Spectrum® Butter It Up! Natural Spray Oil
- 2 C Hain® Turbinado Sugar
- 1 C plus 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Jamaican blue mountain coffee, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour, sifted
- 3/4 C pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 C SunSpire™ Chocolate Baking Chips, either Bittersweet or Semi-sweet
- 1/2 C crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp freshly brewed blue mountain coffee
- Oil a 9x9 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee and salt in a metal bowl, place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter has melted. The mixture will be grainy.
- Remove the bowl from heat and cool slightly. Then whisk in eggs – one at a time- and vanilla.
- Gently fold in sifted flour and pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared pans and bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Set pan aside to cool.
- While brownies cool, prepare the ganache. Bring brewed coffee to a light simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add chocolate chips, and continue to stir until chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Let ganache stand for about one hour until thickened, and then spread evenly over brownies. Sprinkle the brownies with ginger, cut into 15 squares, and enjoy!