This is tried an true cake recipe that is sure to please the chocolate cake lover in your house. The recipe was shared by a co-worker whose son requests this every year for his birthday and I must say, the kid has great taste.
- 4 oz. Sunspire™ Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C boiling water
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Butter and flour round tube pan.
- Bring water to a boil then add the chocolate and butter and stir until both are completely melted.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl then mix in the sour cream and eggs.
- Once batter is mixed evenly stir in the chocolate.
- Pour into tube pan and bake 25 to 30 min. or until done. Test with long wooden skewer to make sure cake is done at bottom.
- Top with Caramel Drizzle or Chocolate Icing
If you're looking for a twist on the rich chocolate flavor consider adding a few drops of peppermint or orange extract to the batter before baking.