- 2 Empire Kosher® split chicken breasts
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper (more to taste)
- 16 oz guava nectar
- 1/4 C dark rum (we used Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum)
- 1 C guava jelly
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, except the guava jelly, and whisk together until well blended.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and drop them in a large zip loc bag. Pour the marinade over them, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.
- Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and add the guava jelly. Place over medium heat and stir until it boils. Reduce heat and let it simmer, uncovered, until thickened – about 10 minutes.
- Place the breasts on the grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes on each side. Brush the glaze on the breasts for the last 10 minutes of grilling.
Guava jelly can be found in the latin section of your grocery or through specialty retailers