This salad is inspired by the mixings you'll often find inside a taco. Instead of wrapping everything in a tortilla the fixings are tossed in a creamy, spiced avocado dressing. Serve along side a bowl of tortilla soup for a satisfying Mexican dinner.
- 2 C shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 15 oz can Westbrae Natural® Organic kidney beans drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and juices drained
- 1 tsp red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C sliced black olives
- 1 large avocado mashed
- 1/2 C The Greek Gods® Traditional Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
- 2 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning, more or less to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine lettuce, beans, tomatoes, onion and olives in a salad bowl, stir to combine and refrigerate.
- For the dressing combine the avocado, The Greek Gods® plain yogurt, fajita seasoning, onion, lime and salt in a food processor and blend until creamy. If necessary, add a little water to thin the dressing to desired consistency, then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, season salad with salt and pepper and toss with the avocado dressing.
- Top with cheese
To get the most juice out of your lime heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave then squeeze.