The refreshing crisp flavor of grapefruit finds its perfect match with fennel in this summery salad. It is deceptively easy to pull together and makes for an impressive addition to a seafood or chicken centric meal.
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and julienned
- 1 Tbsp fennel leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp slivered blanched almonds, toasted
- 1/2 C Spectrum Naturals® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 head crisp butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, toss the fennel, fennel leaves and almonds with the grapefruit.
- Drizzle olive oil over and sprinkle salt and cracked black pepper. Cover tightly and let ingredients marinate to marry their flavors for several hours in the refrigerator, stirring often.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaf on six salad plates and spoon the grapefruit mixture over the leaves. Serve immediately.