If you’re a gluten-free Italian food lover – or cooking for someone who has a gluten sensitivity – this might become your new favorite weeknight meal. Get all the rich, slow-simmered flavor of traditional Bolognese sauce in a fraction of the time. Who says comfort food can’t be gluten-free?
- 2 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Plainville Farms® Antibiotic-Free Ground Turkey
- 1 jar Walnut Acres® Organic Tomato Basil pasta sauce
- 1 lb Deboles® Gluten-Free Jerusalem Artichoke Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- In a large pot warm 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and bay leaves. Sauté until vegetables are softened and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and starting to brown, about 10 minutes, season with salt and a bit of pepper.
- Add marinara to pan and stir to combine. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions – stop cooking when it is al dente and drain.
- Remove bay leaves from the sauce and discard. Toss cooked noodles in warm sauce. Garnish with basil and serve.
Avoid gluten-free monotony, DeBoles makes a wide range of gluten-free pastas, including corn, rice, quinoa and multigrain. Try them all and find your favorite.