Gluten-free cooking often gets a bad wrap, but any kind of cooking can get a bad wrap if you’re not using the right recipe and the best ingredients. This Asian-Inspired, vegan pasta dish doesn’t skimp on flavor or crunch, just the gluten.
*Important Note: When making Gluten Free Recipes, always check the labels of each of the ingredients that you are using to be sure each products is gluten free. When in doubt, contact the manufacturer.
- 1 C DeBoles® Gluten-Free Rice Fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Sesame Oil (refined), divided
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C MaraNatha® No Stir Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 C Imagine Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 C organic snow peas
- 1 C organic shredded carrots
- 2 scallions, chopped
- sesame seeds, optional
- Cook noodles to al dente. Drain and reserve noodles; do not rinse.
- Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add almond butter, vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili flakes to pan. Whisk together until smooth. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and snow peas, stir fry until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 1 minute.
- To serve, top noodles with sauce, add stir fried vegetables, toss to combine. Garnish plates with a sprinkle of scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Avoid a recipe rut; experiment with different flavors, colors, and textures by changing your veggie lineup. Eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli and/or baby bok choy all make delicious additions to this dish.