Chewy, fudgy, peanut buttery brownies accented with the salty crunch of peanuts—what could be better? Impressive enough for company, easy enough to whip up on a weeknight, these brownies will satisfy any sweet tooth. You might want to make a double batch…they tend to disappear quickly!
- 1 C unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 C SunSpire® Organic Fair Trade 42% Cacao Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1/2 C SunSpire® Organic Fair Trade 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 C MaraNatha® Organic No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 C Hain® Organic Sugar
- 2 Large Organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp Hain® Featherweight Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1/2 C chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Line a 9x9” metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and peanut butter. Stir continuously over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, instant espresso, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add warm chocolate mixture and whisk to thoroughly combine. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and sea salt. Add to chocolate mixture, along with peanuts, and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake just until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into center comes out with some moist crumbs still attached, about 35 minutes. Once completely cooled, cut into nine squares and store in an airtight container.
Your best tool for ensuring moist, fudgy brownies every time is a cake tester or toothpick, not your kitchen timer. Be sure to insert the pick near the center of the pan. You want some moist crumbs to stick; a perfectly clean tester means the brownies will be drier and more cake-like than fudgy.