Baking up a batch of homemade cookies is the perfect way to say, “Great job!” “I love you!” or “Happy Wednesday!” But who has the time? You! Thanks to this foolproof basic cookie recipe. Mix up a large batch of dough and keep it in the freezer to quickly bake fresh cookies anytime!
- 2 1/2 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Hain® Sea Salt
- 1 C unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 C Hain® Organic Sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until smooth and light yellow.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. The dough will be firm.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- For basic sugar cookies, let dough soften then form into 2-inch balls and flatten slightly on the baking sheet. Bake at 350˚ for 10-12 minutes. If desired, dust warm cookies with Hain® Natural Turbinado Sugar for a sweet, crunchy finish.
- If freezing the dough, wrap in two layers on plastic wrap and put in freezer. The dough will last up to 6 weeks.
Try adding a few extra ingredients - like almond butter or candies - to impress your loved ones with customized cookie creations anytime.