There are few memories I cherish more then those I have of making peanut butter cookies with my neighbor when I was little. I remember how hard it was to wait for them to cool off before I could get my hands on one (maybe two) of those warm treats. Chased with a glass of cold milk there aren't many moments I can recall that were are tasty as those. Thankfully I'm raising a kid who has a similar appreciation for the art of peanut butter cookie and I was happy when he gave this recipe his smile of approval.
- 3/4 C MaraNatha® Organic Peanut Butter (Creamy or Crunchy)
- 8 oz stick - unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 C Hain® Organic Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 C Hain® Natural Turbinado Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C Sunspire® Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- In the bowl of a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat until fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until evenly incorporated, about 30 seconds
- Add egg and mix thoroughly, approximately 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture into wet mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. (Note: this dough will be crumbly)
- Scoop 2 tsp of dough and gently shape into a disk. Place on a cookie sheet, leaving a minimum of one inch between each cookie.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until very pale golden brown. This will produce a lovely, light cookie that holds together perfectly. Longer baking times will produce a darker and much more crumbly cookie because of the high peanut butter content.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack for additional cooling.