- 2 C Deboles® Rice Spirals Gluten Free
- 2 1/2 C asparagus, asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1.5” pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 Tbsp Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
- 2 C milk
- 1 1/2 C swiss or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 3/4 tsp Hain® sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta per package directions, add asparagus for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Strain pasta and asparagus completely.
- For the sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add curry powder and stir for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until the mixture is evenly incorporated.
- Whisk in milk and cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil and sauce thickens.
- Stir in swiss or cheddar cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cooked pasta and asparagus pieces. Spoon mixture into a greased 6-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and golden.