- 1 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Unrefined Peanut Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp serrano chile, minced
- 1 tsp lemongrass, minced
- 1 C Freebird® Organic boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp Hain® Organic Sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Asian basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp mint, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C bamboo shoots, slivered
- 16 whole leaves of butter lettuce
- Heat Spectrum Naturals® Unrefined Peanut Oil over medium heat and add garlic, shallot, ginger, chile and lemongrass. Stir fry 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add chicken and sauté until golden and cooked through.
- Stir in sugar and soy sauce and toss to coat. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken mixture to a bowl, stir in bamboo shoots, cover and set aside to cool.
- Once chicken has cooled toss with basil and mint and spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf to serve.
Serve with Light Satay Sauce for an additional flavor kick.