We make a giant batch of pancakes at least once a month in our house. We divide the batter into 2-3 bowls and everyone gets to mix in their favorite flavors; my son always picks blueberries, my husband loves toasted almonds and chocolate chips, while I prefer fresh raspberries or orange zest. It makes for a really fun and tasty breakfast and we always have a stack of pancakes left over to toast up and make maple almond butter and pancake sandwiches throughout the week.
- 1 C Arrowhead Mills® Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp Hain Pure Foods® baking powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp Hain Pure Foods® sea salt
- Preheat griddle or large skillet (if electric) to 375° F and grease lightly with oil. Griddle is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately.
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix egg, honey, rice milk, vanilla and grapeseed oil together until totally incorporate.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well as you pour.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle.
- Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, turning when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface.
- Continue to cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pure maple syrup.