Some foods become "classics" because they invoke nostalgia. Others earn the title because they're just plain delicious. This wholesome baked corn dog recipe checks both boxes, with less grease and fewer calories than its county fair counterpart. Ditch the deep fryer; these little doggies are delicious straight from the oven. Perfectly portable for picnics. Summer was made for serving on sticks!
- 2/3 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Buckwheat Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/3 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Yellow Cornmeal, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 C Rice Dream® Unsweetened Rice Milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix and cornmeal. Make a well in center and add milk, eggs, honey and oil. Mix until combined. Batter should be thick and not too runny. If necessary, add water by tablespoons to reach desired consistency.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each frank, leaving a 2-inch handle. Lightly dust franks with cornmeal.
- Using handle, dunk each frank in the batter and roll to coat evenly (a small rubber spatula works well here). Line up franks on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven.
- After 5 minutes, remove pan from oven. Using a rubber spatula, evenly reapply dogs with any batter that has slid off onto the pan. Return to oven and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Order wooden craft sticks online in bulk and save. In addition to corn dogs and frozen pops, they're great for art projects or labeling plants in the garden.