Playdough is, without a doubt, one of the most classic ways to entertain children. Give them a few lumps of colored dough and their creative minds - not to mention their little hands - will be busy for hours. What makes playdough that much more awesome is it’s DIY factor. With just a few basic pantry items you can mix up batches of homemade dough whenever you need a rainy day activity.
What You’ll Need:
2 C Arrowhead Mills® Organic Enriched Unbleached White Flour
2 C water
1 C Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Spectrum Naturals® Organic Canola Oil
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
Natural Food coloring
- In a medium sauce pan combine the flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar and stir over low heat.
- Continue to stir until the dough begins to pull away from the side of the pan and is no longer sticky.
- Remove from the heat and let cool until you can touch then divide the dough into as many different colors as you’d like to create.
- Add the coloring to each lump and knead in your hands or with a spoon in a bowl to distribute the color evenly.
- When the coloring is all mixed in the dough is ready for playtime!
- Playdough will store in air tight container for 4 months